Playing XIs of the first game of APL 2018

Mohammad Shahzad: (On a good score) We will try to get 170-plus as we know that this is a good batting track. We have some firepower in the batting and some good domestic talents. (On the pitch) Looks a good pitch in Sharjah, with a bit of grass on it which is new but generally, the tracks are good to bat on here. I've always believed in playing my natural game and will tell my teammates also to do the same.
Rashid Khan: (On the APL finally starting) Yes, it's a historic moment for us. We are going to bowl first, wicket won't change much but there will be dew later on. That will be tough on the bowlers, so we want to chase. (On what a chaseable target is) We don't know right now because the wickets are fresh and the Sharjah tracks do allow runs. Need to bowl well and see what target they give us. I think most of the team are young and I have led them in domestic cricket. Hopefully they perform well and get the chance to go ahead.